This month's topic is "Anythig Goes" which means you can make any card ot project you like as long as it has at least 1 Tonic product on it. So this is the perfect month for me to show you a project I have been wanting to make for ages and finally had time and space for last month:
I am so happy with how this turned out!
Here's how to make it yourself:
1. Get your supplies together:
- Liquid Glue: I used the large size Nuvo Glue Pen
- Stencil: I used a Tim Holz "Crackle" stencil
- Nuvo Guilding Flakes in Sunkissed Copper
- Embossing Folder: I used a retired Stampin' Up! folder called Alphabet Press
- Nuvo Embellishment Mousse in Aquamarine
- Typewriter Die and stamp set by Joy Crafts
- Stiff brush or sponge
- Wet wipes
2. Start by dabbing the glue onto the cardstock through the stencil. It doesn't have to be perfect but you should get a few good sized spots to have a good look later on.
Set to the side to dry up a but until the glue is dry and tacky. Wipe the glue of your stencil and die cut the typewriter while the cardstock dries.
4. When you have it all covered use the stiff brush to brush the excess flakes off (you can collect them in tub to use on other projects).
5. Place the guilded card in an embossing die and run it through a die cutting machine.
6. Time to add the embellishment mousse. Take a small amount out of the pot and put on your craft mat. Using you finger gently swipe it over the raised areas. Less is more here!
7. Final thing now is to assemble your card. I used some black cardstock as a base and layered copper cardstock behind the guilded front.
8. Add the typewriter and you're done!
Hope you all liked this result and will give it a try. I'd love to see what you make. You can upload your creation to the Win and Tonic Facebook page and be in for a chance to win some fab Tonic goodies!